Research & Studies
Researched and edited the Guide to Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs) in Burlington.
Salvation Army Rutland Corps Community Center
Extensive interviews with community leaders to determine gaps in social services in Rutland City.
Vermont Cancer Survivor Network
Conducted interviews and completed web research for a database of almost 300 support resources for cancer survivors and their families.
Catalogued financial resources for manufactured home communities via 132 phone interviews with agencies and organizations in thirteen states. A sample is available here.
Burlington Housing Authority
Analyzed US Census data for areawide housing opportunities for families in the Burlington region.
Since 1992, Third Sector Associates has provided grant research and writing assistance to Vermont nonprofits and government agencies. We’ve helped these organizations raise over $30 million for a variety of community development, housing, and social service programs.
Successful Funding Sources
- Vermont Community Development Program
- City of Burlington Community Development Block Grants
- Enterprise Foundation
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston
- Lintilhac Foundation
- Mercy Action Foundation
- Northern Border Regional Commission
- TD Foundation
- US Department of Agriculture
- US Department of Housing and Urban Development
- US Department of Justice
- US Environmental Protection Agency Brownfields
- US Small Business Administration
- Vermont Department of Corrections
- Vermont Department of Health
- Vermont Transportation Enhancements Program
- Windham Foundation
- Grant Research & Proposal Writing
- Demystifying Grant Writing
- Securing Public Financing for Community Infrastructure
- Applying Corporate Marketing Strategies in the Nonprofit World
- Increasing Your Community Exposure through Marketing
- Business Planning for Nonprofit Organizations
- Social Entrepreneurship and Today’s Nonprofits
- Selling Your Organization to Funders
The Principal of Third Sector Associates, Diane Meyerhoff, offers strategic planning and retreat facilitation. Selected experience:
Town of Milton Planning Department
Half-day strategic planning retreat to discuss short and long-term staff goals.
Burlington City Council
Three annual strategic planning retreats to assist Councilors to improve communications and workflow.
Lamoille County Road Foreman Network
Assisted regional organization to reconvene a dormant organization for municipal public works staff.
Visiting Nurse Association (VNA) of Chittenden and Grand Isle Counties (now UVM Health Network Home Health & Hospice)
Six strategic planning sessions for the Leadership Team and staff.
Vermont Council on World Affairs
Half-day board retreat.