Research & Studies
Researched and edited the Guide to Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs) in Burlington.
Salvation Army Rutland Corps Community Center
Extensive interviews with community leaders to determine gaps in social services in Rutland City.
Vermont Cancer Support Network
Conducted interviews and completed web research for a database of almost 300 support resources for cancer survivors and their families.
Catalogued financial resources for manufactured home communities via 132 phone interviews with agencies and organizations in thirteen states.
Burlington Housing Authority
Analyzed US Census data for areawide housing opportunities for families in the Burlington region.
Since 1992, Third Sector Associates has provided grant research and writing assistance to Vermont nonprofits and government agencies. We’ve helped these organizations raise over $34 million for a variety of community development, housing, and social service programs.
Successful Funding Sources
- City of Burlington Community Development Block Grants
- Congressional Directed Spending/Funding
- Enterprise Foundation
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston
- Lintilhac Foundation
- Mercy Action Foundation
- Northern Border Regional Commission
- TD Foundation
- US Department of Agriculture
- US Department of Housing and Urban Development
- US Department of Justice
- US Environmental Protection Agency Brownfields
- US Small Business Administration
- Vermont Capital Investment Program
- Vermont Community Development Program
- Vermont Community Recovery and Revitalization
- Vermont Department for Children and Families
- Vermont Department of Corrections
- Vermont Department of Health
- Vermont Transportation Enhancements Program
- Windham Foundation
- Grant Research & Proposal Writing
- Demystifying Grant Writing
- Securing Public Financing for Community Infrastructure
- Applying Corporate Marketing Strategies in the Nonprofit World
- Increasing Your Community Exposure through Marketing
- Business Planning for Nonprofit Organizations
- Social Entrepreneurship and Today’s Nonprofits
- Selling Your Organization to Funders